School's out for the summer for the kids, so it seems like the perfect time to give the adults toiling away on Quick Base applications a little pop quiz. You may know some, or all, of the below, but it's all meant in good fun with the hope of sharing a new trick or two. Answers appear in the next section.
1. Which of the following can you NOT do in Quick Base?
A. Turn a lookup field into a non-relationship field.
B. Turn a non-relationship field into a lookup field.
C. Turn a non-relationship field into a summary field.
D. Turn a summary field into a non-relationship field.
2. How do you display the most recent version of a file attachment image?
A. Formula text field: img src=https://data.quickbase.com/up/bfpnz6f2j/g/rg/eg/va/devices.jpg /
B. Formula text field: img src=https://data.quickbase.com/up/bfpnz6f2j/g/rg/eg/v0 /
C. File attachment field - Just click on "Show .jpg, .png and .gif files as images in forms"
D. A & B
E. A & C
F. B & C
G. All of the above.
3. What are the 3 types of automatic emails Quick Base can send?
A. Reports, Forms and Notifications
B. Graphical, Tabular and Summary
C. Notifications, Subscriptions and Reminders
D. The Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria
4. Which of these is an actual Quick Base concept?
B. Table Aliases
C. User Pickers
D. Numeric Rating Fields
E. All of the above
5. Which is true about using the API?
A. You must have an App Token
B. You must have a Premier Account or above
C. You must use HTTPS
D. You must be wicked smaht.
6. You're trying to open an application but you can't remember the URL. What do you do?
A. Look in your browser history
B. Log into www.quickbase.com and look at your Accounts & Realms.
C. Run API_FindDBByName
D. Run API_GrantedDBs
7. What characters cannot be in a Quick Base field name?
B. Pound signs
C. Anything that has special meaning in a URL, like ./? etc.
D. High ASCII characters
E. None of the above
8. What function is not available in Quick Base?
A. Replace one string with another in a text variable.
B. Add a day to a date field
C. Get the first day of the two-week period that any date falls in, given the start of the first 2-week period.
D. Day of the Year
9. How do you copy a table?
A. Click on table-->Settings-->Copy
B. Click on Home-->Settings-->Tables-->select table and click on the copy icon.
C. Clone the application, then move the table from the clone to the original app.
D. You cannot copy a table.
10. How do you tell how large a table is?
A. Home-->Settings-->App Management-->Show App Statistics
B. Table-->Settings-->Advanced Properties
C. Take the number of fields, multiple by the number of records, times
D. See how many chairs fit around it.
11. Can a table have a relationship with itself?
A. No, it is not allowed.
B. Yes, but you cannot use summary fields
C. Yes, but the display of that relationship's properties can be confusing.
D. Yes, but you cannot use lookup fields.
1. C - Turn a non-relationship field into a summary field.
2. E - All of the above.
3. C - Notifications, Subscriptions and Reminders
4. E - All of the above.
5. B - You must have a Premier Account or above
6. B - Log into www.quickbase.com and look at your URLs.
7. E - None of the above.
8. A - Replace one string with another in a text variable.
9. C - Clone the application, then move the table from the clone to the original app.
10. A - Home-->Settings-->App Management-->Show App Statistics 11. C - Yes, but the display of that relationship's properties
All tallied up?
Based on the number of correct answers, we recommend:
0 - 4 Contact us for support!
5 - 8 You're right where you need to be. Good job!
9 - 11 Send us your resume!